Acceptance of Student
St. Anastasia School of Religion and Faith Formation accepts students in grades PreK-8. It is expected that students will remain in religious studies for the eight year program. Should a student miss a year or more before a sacrament, they will have to attend a bridge program for a year.
Our program strives to include all students regardless of their educational needs. Please contact the office to learn more about special education.
First time students must provide baptismal records. Any child who is not baptized is still welcome to partake in religious education through the RCIC program (see below).
Parents are the primary catechists. Your words and deeds help a child understand how to live Christ-like. There are four ways parents can aid in their child’s religious instruction:
- ATTEND Sunday Mass and partake in the sacrament of Reconciliation regularly.
- MODEL faith through prayer.
- ENCOURAGE your child to take an active role in their own faith life.
- PARTICIPATE in service to others.
- ENROLL your child for consecutive years of faith formation.
Policies and Procedures
Every child is welcome to be part of our Religious Education Program. Please register through Faith Direct or with a registration form.
- Families should be registered parishioners of St. Anastasia. Registration cards can be obtained at the Rectory.
- All first year registrants must submit a copy of their Baptismal Certificate (except if they were baptized at St. Anastasia).
- Transfers are accepted. A copy of the Baptismal Certificate and a letter of transfer/permanent record card must be submitted for proper class placement.
- Payment is expected at the time of registration. If there is a problem with payment, please speak with the office for a plan.
- If your child missed more than a year of religious instruction, they will be placed in a bridge class to go over work. After completion of the course, they will be placed in their normal track. They will be ineligible to receive a sacrament if they do not have consecutive years of religious instruction.
Registration fee: $100 per family
Per child fee: $45
NO child will be denied education due to financial hardship.
Wednesdays – Each class meets once a month. Please follow the class schedule provided at the start of the school year.
4 :00 – 5:00 P.M. – Grades PreK-4
7:00 – 8:00 P.M. – Grades 5-8
Students preparing for a sacrament will have additional assignments or class/retreat sessions. Information will be given at the Sacrament meetings.
We are using Ignatius Press “Faith and Life” series through My Catholic Faith Delivered. There will be a Family Life session and a Safe Environment lesson via Zoom. More information will follow.
Our program is a hybrid. Children will be assigned chapters to be completed online and then will attend optional monthly sessions. There will also be family sessions. Please check the calendar for more information.
Online attendance will be monitored. The program shows catechists how much of a lesson has been completed and how long a child was on the lesson. It is expected that children would spend a minimum of 30 minutes per lesson.
My Catholic Faith Delivered Lessons and Evaluation
The Faith and Life series by Ignatius Press is offered through My Catholic Faith Delivered. Students will receive weekly lessons to complete. Each child will have a username and password, which will be sent to the primary email address provided at registration.
Please look at the My Catholic Faith Delivered Parish Guide for more information.
Each lesson will have an assessment at the end. Children will be evaluated on that assessment.
3:45-5pm – Grades 1-4
6:45 – 8pm – Grades 5-8
Prior to class, all students must submit an online Health Screening Questionnaire, which will be emailed to parents on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Masks must be worn at all times. No one, other than School of Religion staff and students, are allowed in the building for the health and safety for all involved.
Students will go to their room for attendance and prayer upon arrival. They will sit at their assigned seat, which will be at least six feet between students. Students are asked to bring their own pens and pencils, masks, and hand sanitizers. Extra masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
For dismissal, all children must be picked up by a parent or guardian. Children going home with someone other than a parent or guardian, or will walk home, must have written permission. Please let the office know if there is a change in dismissal.