St. Anastasia School of Religion and Faith Formation is committed to growing children in faith through catechesis with an emphasis on the Spiritual and Corporeal Works of Mercy.
Religious Education is a life-long learning process. It is not just “Communion Preparation” or “Confirmation Preparation.” The middle years are just as important and the first two and last two.
Parents are the primary catechists. Your words and deeds help a child understand how to live Christ-like. There are four ways parents can aid in their child’s religious instruction:
- ATTEND Sunday Mass and partake in the sacrament of Reconciliation regularly.
- MODEL faith through prayer.
- ENCOURAGE your child to take an active role in their own faith life.
- PARTICIPATE in service to others.
- ENROLL your child for consecutive years of faith formation.
Registration fee: $100 per family
Per child fee: $45
Sacrament Donation: $100 (made during the second year of sacrament preparation)
NO CHILD will be denied education or the sacrament due to financial hardship.
Religious Education Frequently Asked Questions
When should my child begin Religious Education?
- Children should begin in first grade and continue through eighth grade for confirmation. We understand that life happens and are prepared to work with each family.
When do classes meet?
- Classes meet on each Monday at 4:00 p.m. for all grades. Public school schedule is taken into consideration when creating the schedule for the year. We do not meet during the holiday breaks.
What do I need to register?
- Please register online. Forms are also available in the Parish Office. First time registrants will need to submit their child’s Baptismal Certificate.
What if we are transferring in from another program?
- Please register online and indicate which parish you last attended. We will contact them for a letter of transfer.
What if my child begins religious education classes in second grade or later?
- If you child is in second grade, they will be placed in Level 1 for their first year and Level 2 for their second year. After they receive First Communion, they will be placed in Level 4 so they can continue classes with their age group leading up to confirmation.
- If your child is in grade three to six and attending religious education for the first time, they will participate in a Bridge class for one year before being placed in the level with their age group. Bridge classes can also be completed the summer before the school year.
- If your child is in grade seven and above, they will be placed in a Bridge class for one year. Then, they will be placed in Level 7 Confirmation Prep 1 and make their confirmation after completing Level 8 Confirmation Prep 2
What if my child hasn’t attended religious education classes since receiving First Communion and is now in the seventh grade?
- Your child will be treated like other Bridge students if they have missed more than one year of religious education classes. They will attend one year of Bridge and then will proceed with Level 7 Confirmation Prep 1 and then Level 8 Confirmation Prep 2. It will be a three-year process.
What if my child has not been baptized?
- Those eight years old and older who were never Baptized can begin the RCIC classes. They will be placed with the Bridge Class to start before preparing for the sacraments. How they will proceed the second year will involve a discussion between the family, Coordinator of Religious Education, and the Pastor, as there are a couple of different paths at that point which depend on the age of the child.